A circular saw happens to be a type of power-saw that makes use of an abrasive or toothed disc or blade for cutting different materials employing a rotary motion while rotating around an arbor. The saw can cut a variety of materials including wood, plastic, metal, or masonry and may be either attached to a machine or held by the hand. You will come across many types of circular saws on the market at present and there are so many varieties out there that you might find it to be somewhat overwhelming to decide which one to go for.
If that is the case, then you have arrived at the proper place. We are aware of the fact that it is quite difficult to get a hold of the best circular saw out there and you must choose one that offers all the features required by you at an affordable rate. Many companies claim their products to be the best but you must use your own judgment to figure out the appropriate one for you.
The good thing is that we have performed the hard task for you and have listed the top 5 most in-demand circular saws on the market right now.
View The List of 5 Top Circular Saws in 2021
- Makita SP6000J Circular Saw
- SKILSAW SPT67M8-01 Circular Saw
- DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw
- SKIL 5280-01 Circular Saw
- Ryobi P505 Cordless Circular Saw
At A Glance, Our Top Picks
- 6.5Inch Corded Circular Saw
- Powerful 12.0 AMP, 5200RPM motor
- Variable speed control dial
- Large cutting capacity
- Soft starting
- 6.5Inch, 20V Max Cordless Circular Saw
- Powerful 460 MWO, 5,150 RPM motor
- 0-50° bevel capacity
- 7-1/4-Inch Corded Circular Saw with Single Beam Laser Guide
- Powerful 12.0 AMP, 5300RPM motor
- 0-51° bevel capacity
- 6 feet of Cord Length and Lightweight
View The Top 5 Most In-Demand Circular Saw Reviews
This particular circular saw is immensely popular across the globe and that too for good reasons. Moreover, it is manufactured by a renowned company which has been producing top-quality products for quite some time now. Let us take a look at the features mentioned below which will help to justify its popularity at present.
Reasons to buy:
- Robust 12.0 AMP motor which helps in optimal performance with different types of materials
- Accurate cutting is able to deliver a mirror finish free from splinters
- Constant speed is maintained by the innovative electronic speed control for effortless cutting under load
- Variable speed regulation dial (2,000 RPM to 5,200 RPM) allows the user to match the speed of the device to the application
- Inbuilt current limiter that aids in preventing motor burnout
- Soft start feature which helps in effortless start-ups
- Huge capacity of cutting (2-3/16 inches at 90 as well as 1-9/16 inches at 45)
- Can Cut Lumber Very Smoothly
- An Electronic Speed Control Feature
- Features A Significantly Big Cut Depth
- Fantastic For Plunge Cuts
- Not Able To Swap A Good Quality Job Site Contractor Saw
This is one product that will provide almost every feature that you would like to have in the best circular saw. The manufacturer has the reputation of producing some astounding products over the years and this particular model is no exception to that.
It will provide you with a quality performance that you won’t get in the majority of the similar products out there.
Reasons to buy:
- Left blade sidewinder helps to enhance the blade as well as the cut line visibility plus accuracy
- An all-magnesium build helps to minimize user fatigue and also adds remarkable resilience
- Robust Dual-Field motor enhances cooling capacities and also helps to prolong tool life
- Revolutionary torque helps to improve productivity as well as the speed of cutting
- Innovative left blade sidewinder
- Constructed from durable magnesium
- Remarkable torque
- A robust motor
- Not manufactured in the US
This particular circular saw provides lots of power and will perform all types of tasks that you will demand from it. It is quite lightweight and simple to maneuver as well. It will also provide plenty of comfort to the user while using it.
Reasons to buy:
- Robust 5,150 RPM, 460 MWO motor provides remarkable power as well as speed
- Incredibly strong as well as lightweight magnesium shoe offers remarkable resilience
- 0-50 degree bevel capacity
- The grip happens to be optimized rubber over-molded and is very comfortable to work with providing optimum control and balance
- Carbide-tipped 6.5-Inch blade which helps in cutting 2 x material at 90 and also 45 as well as more cuts every single charge
- Provides extra comfort plus resilience
- Performs all types of tasks
- Uses standard 5/8 inches arbor
- Simple to change the blades
- A professional-looking device
- Yellow and black combo
- Motor can malfunction after a while
- The blades might get jammed up
- Does not come with a battery
The 5280-01 7-1/4-Inch 15-Amp Circular Saw will be highly recommended thanks to the advanced features it provides along with remarkable performance when it comes to fast and effective lumbar plus wood cutting. It comes with an inbuilt 1-beam laser which is particularly useful for enhancing your precision as well as productivity thus allowing you to save plenty of time.
In general, this product will allow you to make your experience hassle-free as well as stress-free.
Reasons to buy:
- The robust 15-amp motor provides 5,400 RPM for enhanced speed and quicker cuts
- Comes with an innovative 7-1/4-inches carbide-tipped blade
- There is also a spindle lock for changing the blade easily
- Arbor size is 5/8 inches, and the cord length is 6 feet
- Having a weight of only 6.95-lbs it helps to reduce fatigue
- While making narrow cut-offs, anti-snag lower guard helps to minimize snags
- Light in weight
- Fantastic speed rotation
- Simple-to-use safety button
- Convenient and risk-free to use
- An absence of an automatic on switch
- There is no inbuilt light
This particular circular saw is quite affordable and is also extremely portable, robust, as well as accurate. It does not consist of any battery and comes with a laser guide which enhances cutting precision to a great extent.
Reasons to buy:
- Easy Grip: The presence of rubber over-mold makes it very simple to grip as well as control this tool, even though the conditions might be slippery
- Laser Guide: The device produces a red-colored line on the work surface ahead of the saw once the device is activated, so that you will be able to observe where exactly you’re working
- Adjustment: The presence of easy-access knobs will help you to fine-tune the beveling angle from 0 degrees to 50 degrees and the depth up to 1 7/16 inches
- Comes with Blade plus Blade Wrench: A 5.5-inch blade is included which is tipped with carbide for minimizing wear and tear
- Portable, accurate, as well as powerful
- Blade positioned on the left side for enhanced control
- An additional handle
- Can rip through the wood at an incredible 4,700 RPM
- Lubrication needed
- The package might not include the blade plus the blade wrench
How to Choose the Best Circular Saw for Beginners
In the following paragraphs, we have provided an in-depth best compact circular saw buyers guide that will enable you to learn about how to find out the appropriate features as well as saw design which will help to make your project a grand success. Let’s see the features at a glance:
- Cutting depth and cutting capacity
- No-load speed
- Bevel capacity
- Blade size
- Safety features
Similar to many other power tools out there, circular saws also provide us with plenty of innovative features that will be required to get the job done successfully and flawlessly.
Let us see these features one by one.
Cutting depth and cutting capacity
Put simply, in case the cutting capacity of the saw is more it will be able to handle thicker pieces of wood and thus will allow you to complete more tasks within a short span of time. It will be important to look for the maximum cut at 90 degrees (sans a bevel) so as to figure out the saw’s cutting capacity.
As a matter of fact, it will range somewhere between 30 mm and 75 mm. Noted that if you want to get the accurate depth of cutting and completing more tasks in a very short time, proper sharpening of a circular saw blade is a must.
It is the speed at which the motor of the power tool is going to rotate and this will figure out how much control you will be having over the device while using it. In fact, free-load-speed will allow you to comprehend the raw sawing capacity, and therefore, always go for circular saws with higher RPM (revolutions per minute)!
This no-load-speed is going to differ hugely from one saw to another, although in general, you must be going for an RPM of approximately 2,500 to more than 5,000.
It is a fact that an effective circular saw is not going to make any simple cut at 90 degrees. A contemporary circular saw will be capable of making simple bevel cuts at different angles of as much as somewhere close to 55 degrees. This can be performed by means of a base plate which happens to be adjustable in nature.
Always make it a point to verify whether the saw you are looking at comes with bevel functionality and if it is so, then tries to figure out the optimum bevel angle as well as the optimum cutting depth at 45 degrees.
It is the diameter of the blade that categorizes the circular saws. The most typical and beneficial size happens to be 7 1/4 inches. Saws which come at this size will be able to cut through over 3-inches thick materials while likewise offering a wide array of blade selections for cutting stuff besides wood.
No one can deny the fact that it can be quite hazardous while working with circular saws and other power tools available at present. However, in case you do not like to injure yourself then try to go for a circular saw that offers several innovative and effective safety options.
One of these can be an electric brake which is being featured by many circular saws at present. It will enable you to stop any blade very quickly (even though it might be spinning at top speed) and this can prove to be a lifesaver in the long run. In fact, an electric brake will be the best option to make your saw come to a standstill all of a sudden.
Professional or do-it-yourself?
This is one massive question that you might be inquiring about yourself while purchasing a top-quality circular saw from the stores. You should be asking yourself the reason why you want to actually use it. There is no use in employing a DIY grade circular saw in your projects in case you would like to work for extended periods without much break and then find that it has failed to deliver the goods.
Do-it-yourself grade saws are not only resilient, but they are also quite robust and will serve you for quite some time in the future. However, it does not imply that they have the capacity of working for prolonged hours at a stretch while operating in a professional environment.
However, in case you like to perform some light woodworking on your own and also for a short span of time, then these types of saws will be exactly what you ought to purchase out there. On the contrary, the professional-grade circular saws are appropriate for large projects that can go on for days together without any break whatsoever.
Corded vs Cordless circular saws
You can also go for the cordless circular saws which will allow you to work in those areas where it is quite difficult to use extension coils. Also, these are usually more compact in size as compared to the corded ones and therefore you can easily work with them within some small spaces where there is not much room to maneuver.
It is a fact that cordless saws will be able to cut through tough materials effectively although they will be requiring extra power for doing that. This might be enough to drain the batteries rather quickly. The size of the cordless circular saws can vary between 5 5/8 inches to 6 1/2 inches.
On the other hand, the corded saws will be appropriate for difficult cutting jobs such as steel, masonry as well as continuous cutting of wood. They are available in various sizes although the most common happens to be 7 1/4 inches. A proper extension cord is going to be required by a corded circular saw.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why choose a circular saw?
A circular saw comes with enhanced power to work with more control when it comes to cutting tougher materials. The saw also includes bigger blades that are driven by a robust motor and therefore always emphasize on the speed of the blade while selecting your circular saw.
2. What circular saw blade to use?
Here, the answer will be acrylic sheet blades. It will be better to make use of a table saw featuring a blade with 80 teeth or a jigsaw having a fine blade. A fine blade can be effective while making straight cuts particularly if it is possible to clamp the panel along with a straight edge guide board in position.
3. What circular saw for cutting?
It is very easy to make perfect square crosscuts with the help of a decent circular saw in case the saw is guided with a layout square. The saw has to be held in place along with the blade right above the cut line.
4. What circular saw blade for laminate?
The most effective blade for circular saw for cutting through laminate will be the one having plenty of fine teeth (a minimum of 40). Blades having carbide tips have the propensity to last for a longer duration as compared to the normal steel. Apart from this, you must also select a narrow blade, or one having thin kerf.
5. What circular saw blade for aluminum?
When it comes to aluminum, it will be a sensible idea to go for an HSS blade having at least 200 teeth which should be able to cut thin aluminum effectively. However, a carbide blade featuring 8 teeth every diameter inch is going to be just fine, for instance, 10-inches x 80 teeth.
You’ll come across plenty of circular saws on the market at present. However, all of them will not prove to be effective for you in the long run. Although you can perform some basic jobs using these so-called “top-quality” circular saws, performing any professional project will be almost impossible.
Therefore, as mentioned earlier, you should always take into consideration some vital aspects including the brand, the blade size, blade adjust-ability, blade material, weight, power, simplicity of usage, battery or power cord, resilience, and so forth while buying circular saws.
Apart from this, you are also advised to go online and look at the online reviews from the previous customers regarding any particular device which will provide you with a fair idea of that specific product. You may likewise ask your known persons for recommendations in case they have used circular saws in the past.
Hopefully, all these above-mentioned top 5 circular saws will help you to make a prudent decision while going for the best circular saw.
You might also be interested in: