When it comes to cut wooden boards, a miter saw can be a gamechanger for you. What makes this tool so special is you can cut straight while also angles, as well. In this article, you will learn how to cut a 22.5-degree angle on a miter saw.
And that’s not the end; reading the article, you will also be able to cut a 22.5 degree angle using a miter saw. But first and foremost, you have to know how the tool functions. Once you learn the process and function of the saw, DIY projects will become a piece of cake for you. Anyway, let’s get down to the business.
Contents At A Glance
- 1 Why Should You Use a Miter Saw?
- 2 The Process of Cutting a 22.5-degree angle
- 3 Essential Things to Remember When Cutting at 22.5-degree Angle
- 4 Final Words
Why Should You Use a Miter Saw?
You will find different types of saws out there that use a circular blade. The most impressive thing about a circular saw is it can cut across woods while also ripping boards. So, among all those, why would you choose a miter saw?
The answer is like water under the bridge. The precision and efficiency of a miter saw put it ahead of all the others. When it comes to cutting crown molding or any angle, a miter saw will give you a quick solution.
You can get your expected cut done in no time; just press the trigger and lower its handle. The efficiency and stability you will get from a miter saw are just outstanding. And most importantly, if you have to cut following a precise measurement, this tool is the best option you have got.
Learn More: How to Cut a 135 Degree Angle on a Miter Saw?
The Process of Cutting a 22.5-degree angle
When using the miter saw, we were impressed by the way it performed in cutting angles. The most important thing here is knowing how to unlock it and get a good read on the scale. Let’s have a walk through the process step-by-step:
Step 1: Unlock The Miter Saw Knob
In some miter saw, you will find a knob at the turntable, and that’s used as a miter handle, as well. If you have the same then, you will have to unlock the knob by rotating. Keep rotating it until it loosens enough to unlock the turntable.
Step 2: Grab The Miter Saw Handle
Now, you need to grab the miter handle. Underneath it, you will find a lever; pull it. You will be able to navigate the turntable now.
Step 3: Move The Turntable
Let’s move the turntable to the right or the left while keeping a close look at the miter scale. Keep moving it as long as you don’t reach the desired angle on your miter scale. You will understand it by seeing the small arrow pointing at the angle. Here you will have to reach the 22.5-degree angle.
Step 4: Place A Wood Piece On The Fence
Now, lay a piece of wood on the fence then, utilize the vise to brace it into place. If you don’t have a vise, you can also use your hand and press it securely against the fence. When cutting, you need to ensure there’s no wobble in the wood. Otherwise, you will get an inaccurate result.
Step 5: Press The Trigger and Move The Handle
If you have the wood in the right place, you can press the trigger then move the handle down. That’s how you will be able to cut the wood at your desired angle. And in your case, it’s supposed to be the 22.5-degree angle.
If you can follow these simple steps, you will be able to cut the wood at any angle you want to on your miter saw. To make the bevel cut on the wood, you can use the bevel angle. We have described the basics here and, you must understand this before getting started with your miter saw.
Essential Things to Remember When Cutting at 22.5-degree Angle
If you have reached this far, we believe you can realize the importance of a miter saw. In this section, we have some essential suggestions that will help you to cut the most accurate cut in the easiest way possible.
- When cutting angle, always remember to keep a close eye on the miter scale. One of the most common angles of miter cuts is the 22.5-degree angle.
- Make sure you are wearing all the necessary protective gear before getting started with the cutting process. Wear goggles, earmuffs, gloves, and a mask when working with the saw. The mask, gloves, and goggles will keep your eyes, face, and hand safe. And the earmuffs will protect your ear from excessive noise.
- To release the handle lock, you got to unlock the locking pin. And when it comes to lock the handle, use the locking pin in its place when you are carrying the miter saw.
- If you want to lock the miter saw at a fixed angle, you can use the lever and locking knob. Using the locks will help you a lot in getting a precise cut. Get yourself familiar with these locks so that you can get a more precise cut on any kind of wood.
- To fasten the piece of wood, you can use a vise. You will find the vise usually near the fence of the miter saw. To lock the piece of wood, you utilize the clamping mechanism and that’s you can ensure its farm position. You must know that even a little bit of wobbles can result in an inaccurate cut. I’m sure you wouldn’t admire that look at your work.
You see, as long as you have a miter saw, you don’t have to worry at all about getting any angle cuts or even cutting crown molding. But if you are a beginner, first and foremost, you must read the user manual carefully before getting started with the saw. You know, it’s not a toy; a miter saw could be fatal if not used following the correct procedures.
Therefore, your safety should always be your priority. You know they say, “no safety, no pain.” Anyway, we hope, after reading our article, now you know how to cut a 22.5-degree angle on a miter saw. Wish your next project will be safe and successful.