Do you want to renovate your bathroom shower or the surrounding area of the tub? Or kitchen back-splashes? Then you are most likely planning to cut the tile using a tile saw. As we all know, tile works best in wet areas or heavy traffic areas. But if you are a novice, working with a tile saw will be an unapproachable process.
However, in this article, I am going to show you the steps of using a tile saw. Even, for a novice, following the below simple steps, you can perform a project efficiently that requires a tile saw. Once you finish the full process, you will find that learning how to use a tile saw is so simple. So, let’s start following the process.
Contents At A Glance
- 1 6 Easy Steps Of Using A Tile Saw
- 1.1 Step 1: Positioning the tile saw on a sturdy surface
- 1.2 Step 2: Use water to fill up the reservoir of the tile saw
- 1.3 Step 3: Place the tile on the cutting table surface
- 1.4 Step 4: Turn on the tile saw
- 1.5 Step 5: Place the tile into the blade
- 1.6 Step 6: Once cutting is finished, take away the tile and turn the tile saw off
- 2 Benefits of Using a Tile Saw
- 3 Final Thoughts
6 Easy Steps Of Using A Tile Saw
Step 1: Positioning the tile saw on a sturdy surface
Like every other tool, it also needs to be positioned on a sturdy surface. The surface can be on a table or on the floor itself. If you place the saw on an unsteady surface, undoubtedly your cutting will be uneven, even you may fall into a severe injury.
Step 2: Use water to fill up the reservoir of the tile saw
All tile saw contains a trough at the bottom of its cutting surface. In some tile saws, this trough is detachable, and in some others, you may need to fill it up using a pitcher. Make sure that you have submerged the water pump completely.
Step 3: Place the tile on the cutting table surface
The fence needs to be adjusted. And cutting the blade according to the pencil mark specifies the required cut. Between the fence and the table, you need to place the widest part of a tile. This way, your hands will stay far away from the blade.
- If you are looking to cut the tile in a diagonal position, place a miter guide between the fence and the tile. Thus, the tile will be positioned at the 45° angle to the blade.
- Also, if you want to perform a partial cut, let’s say if you need an L-shaped cut to place the tile in a similar way to a complete cut. Then all you need to do is, to gain the required cut, place the tile only faraway enough into the blade.
Step 4: Turn on the tile saw
While everything is in position and you are ready to perform, push/press the power switch to turn on. Please remember that you have sprayed sufficient water onto the blade before starting cutting the tile.
Step 5: Place the tile into the blade
Take a sturdy grip and place the tile straight into the blade. Don’t hurry to complete the process. The tile will move naturally if you push the tile slowly into the blade.
Completing the task is now on the tile saw’s shoulder. Also, remember to slow down the process when the blade is cutting the edge. Because most of the breakage occurs at the edge of the tile.
Step 6: Once cutting is finished, take away the tile and turn the tile saw off
When the blade cuts the tile completely, take away the tile pieces from the blade. Switch off the saw. Prepare yourself for the next cut. Follow the same process that has been stated above.
Benefits of Using a Tile Saw
Picking a tile saw for cutting tiles, and ceramic-like objects are significantly crucial because it comes with mouthful benefits. So, below are some benefits that you will get using this saw.
- Do you want perfection for your DIY project? If you’re going to perform an accurate cut, a tile saw is a tool that can let you do it efficiently. This is the reason; the popularity of this saw is increasing day by day.
- If you are looking for a tool that can assist you in your large project, a tile saw will be the best choice. Because, if you run it continuously, the blade doesn’t get dull and after using, the blade gets cool within a short period. It can perform faster than other cutting tools.
- This will let you save your time with its fast performance.
- Nowadays, it comes with pre-installed safety features.
Using a tile saw is not a complicated task as you have already learned reading from above. Only you need to be careful between the steps to keep yourself safe from any accident. Because in the end, “safety matters.”
You might also be interested in: